Before We Flew Like Birds We Flew Like Clouds
In March, 2017 KT completed her newest immersive performance titled Before We Flew Like Birds, We Flew Like Clouds,
using live dance, music, an installation of floating star-like objects hovering at neutral buoyancy, an interactive audience environment and Virtual Reality Video. The show was based on four individuals with extraordinary relationships to their bodies–Soyeon Yi (astronaut), Maurice Hall (in-line speed skater), Shevanthi Daniel (near death experience survivor) and Michael Grady (para-rower). The piece will be installed at the IMAGINE Film Festival
in MA the fall of 2017.
Press for Before We Flew Like Birds We Flew Like Clouds
The Stranger, 2017:
The Overwhelming Artistry of KT Niehoff’s Before We Flew Like Birds We Flew Like Clouds
The Seattle Times, 2017:
KT Niehoff’s latest: Rich blend of human experience, high-tech virtuosity
Watch a timelapse of the load-in for Flew Like Clouds
- The incomparable drummer and composer, Zeke Keeble collaborated with KT Niehoff on sound design. Michael Cozzi brought his phenomenal engineering talents to the sound.
- Cameron Irwin (LMN Architects) and Amiya Brown made magic with the design and lighting.
- Dancers/Artists Liane Aung, Alia Swersky, Thomas House and Wade Madsen graced the space with their talents.
- Guest directors, Norma Jean Straw, Sandy Cioffi, Gretchen Berger and Dacia Saenz joined the team to add their vision to the mix, under the supervision of VR technical specialist Jacob Fennell, using VR cameras he created.
- Stefanie Karlin and Squid MGMT held us all together.
- Thank you to supporters Case Van Rij and Carlo Scandiuzzi.
Donors: Case Van Rij, Carlo Scandiuzzi, Michael Cozzi, Graham/Baba
Management: Stefanie Karlin of SQUID MGMT
Images by Kelly O, Haley Blavka, Nate Watters, Tim Summers